Aug 13, 2015

Canada Visa Categories for Family

Views 2670 Comments 0

Migrants is no longer a unknown term, in fact today every one wish to migrate to destinations with luring opportunities for job, career, and a better future. While migrating to a whole new country opens new doors, it also upturns you life especially if you have a family you wish to take along to your new destination. To take care of family migrants, every country has a special visa category generally known as Family visa. Under this visa category candidates can migrate to Australia along with their families under various conditions and permanent citizens or eligible New Zealand invite their spouse, parents, children or relatives to join them in Canada.

The various categories under the family visa are:

Partner visa

The Partner visa offered by the Canadian immigration department is meant for individuals who are married or in a de facto relationship. The visa is granted if the applicant’s partner is an Australian citizen, a Permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen.

However, in order to migrate to Australia on the basis of marriage, the applicants need to meet certain criteria & guidelines set by the Immigration department.

Find complete details about Eligibility criteria here.

Prospective Marriage Visa

The prospective marriage visa is meant for individuals who intent to visit Australia to marry their fianc. The prospective marriage visa is granted for a period of nine months, and the applicants have to marry their fianc within this time limit. After you are married, your partner can also apply for a partner visa.

Spouse visa

The spouse visa Australia allows spouse or de facto partners of the Australian permanent residents to live in Australia with their partners. In order to attain spouse visa for Australia, there are certain conditions that must be fulfilled. This visa allows the married partner or de facto partners of an Australian resident to move to Australia. Some of the eligibility conditions for married partners are:

•    Should be sponsored by an eligible Australian citizen or permanent resident
•    Married legally to the sponsor
•    Valid marital relationship
•    Meet all health & character requirements