May 22, 2013

Spouse and Partner Visa For United Kingdom

Views 1466 Comments 0

The spouse visa is often considered a very important visa program for any countries as it enables the permanent residents of that country to sponsor their spouses and partners to that country and stay with them. The government of United Kingdom has made it very convenient for the individuals who want to sponsor their spouse and partners to the United Kingdom.

UK Spouse Visa

The Spouse visa for United Kingdom is granted for a period of two years, after that you have to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and after the completion of third you can start the process to become a British citizen, this visa allows the spouse to stay in the United Kingdom and work there.

There are some eligibility criteria that must be met in order to get a spouse visa:

  1. You should be above the age of 18.
  2. You must have met and should be legally married.
  3. You must intend to live permanently as man and wife.
  4. You must have enough funds.

UK Unmarried Partner Visa

The defacto visa in UK is known as the Unmarried Partner Visa. It works in the same lines as the spouse visa. You will need a sponsor who is a permanent resident of UK. This visa is also valid for two years and there are no restrictions on working in the UK. The applicant for spouse visa must be above the age of 16 and the sponsor should be a permanent British national and above the age of 18.