Dec 1, 2014

UK Student Visa for aspiring International students

Views 2155 Comments 0

The United Kingdom with rich history, economic development, industrial progress, and great lifestyle lures immigrants from all over the world. United Kingdom is one of the best reasons for immigrants to look out for some great opportunities abroad. The UK immigration Department offers various visa categories that can help you move to UK for your interest. Some of the offered visa categories are:

  • Study Visa
  • Working Holiday Visa
  • Business Visa
  • Family Visa
  • UK Permanent Residency Visa

The article tell you some important aspects about the types of study visa for UK.

Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

The student visa tier 4 is meant for International students (Except EEA and Switzerland) who are above 16 years of age and have an offer to join a full-time study course. While submitting your applications, the applicants needs to show the confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) to prove that you have a valid invitation from the college or institute to study in the United Kingdom. In addition to this, you also have to fulfil the eligibility criteria set for English language, academic records, and financial security etc. Under this visa, the applicants are given the right to work in the United Kingdom but not professionally.

Student Visitor Visa

The student visitor Visa is for international students who reside outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including Switzerland, and wish to apply for a short-term study course in the UK.  The visa gives the students the right to live in the UK for a period of 6 months; however if a student is enrolled in an English language course, an extended visa for 11 months can also be granted to the student. Those who are above 18 years can apply for the visa, and are granted admission in an institute can apply for the visa. Moreover, during the processing time, the applicant needs to show academic documents that supports his/her eligibility for the course and financial details. Under this visa, students cannot work in the UK and also are not allowed to bring their families to the country.

Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa

This visa is for international students (Except EEA and Switzerland) in the age group of 4 to 17 years. Before applying the applicant must have a CAS and consent of their parents/guardian is also required. The length of the stay depends upon the age of the applicants and the duration of the course. Moreover, the applicant also needs to show the academic & financial details. This visa allows those above 16 years of age to work for up to 10 hours a day in the UK but restricts them from taking a full time job.

Backed by more than 15 years of experience, Visas simply offers the best Visa services to applicants looking for immigration visas for UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, etc. For free online assessment visit Visassimply.com.